Your 2018 Ride-In™ Committee would like to announce a few BIG changes to the event schedule. We have received several suggestions from attendees on ways to make our event better align with the needs of our membership. Here are a few of the changes that we will be implementing for the Johnson City, Tennessee Ride-In™.
- • The banquet and awards ceremony have been moved to WEDNESDAY NIGHT. This is beneficial for two main reasons.
- 1. Members who need to leave on Thursday afternoon to head back home will now be able to attend the banquet and awards ceremony! Yeah!
2. This frees up Thursday night for members to get together and socialize with friends if they wish and/or spend the afternoon checking over their bikes and start packing things up to get ready to roll out on Friday morning. Some may want to party with friends all Thursday evening, or some may want to get to bed early Thursday and get a good night’s rest.
- • Guest Speakers/Seminars will be held in the afternoons this year, instead of in the mornings. We want everyone to have the opportunity to get out and ride or to go exploring during the day and then be back by mid-afternoon to enjoy a seminar or guest speaker if you would like.
- • Since we were not able to find a local dealership willing to sponsor a cookout for all 300+ of us, we won’t be having an off-site “Bike Night” this year; however; we will have our WOW Bike Show (and vote for Member’s Choice Bike Show Award) in the hotel parking lot.
- There will be a few other changes here and there. The “draft” schedule will be published on the WOW website very soon, but these are the big ones that we want to let everyone know about right away, so you can plan accordingly. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at RideIn@womenonwheels.org.
See Page 8…